We provide records management expertise and advice to support effective and compliant management of university records to enable research, learning and teaching, engagement and administration. Use this website to find information about good practice in records management.
All University staff have responsibilities to make and manage records.
Good recordkeeping is important to support the University:
- Undertake all its activities in the most efficient and effective way
- Comply with external legal requirements about retaining records
- Reduce risks caused by poor recordkeeping
To support recordkeeping Records & Information provides:
- Policies, standards and processes
- Advice and consultancy
- Records management services
- Training and learning networks
- Records management system implementation support
- Quality assurance and compliance programs
These assist Heads of Divisions and all staff to:
- Understand their responsibilities
- Become familiar with procedures and systems for managing records
- Learn how to create, manage, access, store and dispose of records
Use this website to find information about records management. If you have any questions please contact us.
If you have a role or interest in records management at the University, or want to know what services are available to help make your job easier, consider joining the email list for our bi-monthly updates.
Welcome to the Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives Group
This Group has been formed to develop a network to share information and experiences, discuss initiatives and identify collaborative opportunities between Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives programmes.
Records & Information are here to help with University records and information management.
ServiceNow: Submit a Records & Information request
Telephone: 8344 3534
Address: Level 4, Alan Gilbert Building, 161 Barry St, Parkville Vic 3010
Privacy. Records & Information uses the ServiceNow platform to manage enquiries and requests. Please note that your information will be retained for a period of seven years after the enquiry has been closed. Information is stored on ServiceNow data centres located in Australia. For further information or questions, please contact Privacy the University of Melbourne.