We provide records management expertise and advice to support effective and compliant management of university records to enable research, learning and teaching, engagement and administration. Use this website to find information about good practice in records management.
All University staff have responsibilities to make and manage records.
Good recordkeeping is important to support the University:
- Undertake all its activities in the most efficient and effective way
- Comply with external legal requirements about retaining records
- Reduce risks caused by poor recordkeeping
To support recordkeeping Records Services provides:
- Policies, standards and processes
- Advice and consultancy
- Records management services
- Training and learning networks
- Records management system implementation support
- Quality assurance and compliance programs
These assist Heads of Divisions and all staff to:
- Understand their responsibilities
- Become familiar with procedures and systems for managing records
- Learn how to create, manage, access, store and dispose of records
Friday 10am - 11:30amRecords Management Network - FebruaryEvent
Friday 2pm - 3:30pmRecords Management Network - OctoberEvent
Thursday 2pm - 3:30pmRecords Management Network - AugustEvent
Tuesday 9:30am - 11amRecords Management Network Meeting - MayEvent
Wednesday 10am - 11amDigitisation and University records: It's easier than you thinkEvent
Wednesday 9:30am - 11amRecords Management Network - MarchEvent
Welcome to the Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives Group
This Group has been formed to develop a network to share information and experiences, discuss initiatives and identify collaborative opportunities between Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives programmes.
For all information enquiries and record requests:
- 8344 3534
- Level 4, 161 Barry St, Parkville Vic 3010
Academic Transcript Requests. Records Services does not handle Academic Transcript enquiries. For verification of qualifications please visit University Verification of Qualification. To order an Academic Transcript or for further information please visit the Student Information Directory.
Privacy. Records Services uses the ServiceNow platform to manage enquiries and requests. Please note that your information will be retained for a period of seven years after the enquiry has been closed. Information is stored on ServiceNow data centres located in Australia. For further information or questions, please contact Privacy the the University of Melbourne.