What is Content Manager?
Content Manager is the University's official recordkeeping system for managing documents and records regardless of format. Content Manager (TRIM) was first introduced at the University of Melbourne in 1994 and is supported as an enterprise application.
Who can use Content Manager?
Content Manager is available to all University departments who want to manage their records, regardless of format (paper, electronic or both), in an electronic system. Implementing Content Manager can support transition to working fully electronically. Content Manager can be integrated with business applications to facilitate automated processes such as the Themis HR to Content Manager integration.
The Records Online project ran for a few years with the aim to increase records management compliance across the University. Part of the technological solution for this project is increasing the current deployment of Content Manager. In the later stages of the project a change of direction was initiated. Records Managed SharePoint became the front end with Content Manager as the backend.
A list of business units that currently use Content Manager is available here, including the most recent clients to whom Content Manager has been deployed as part of the Improved Recordkeeping Project.
Why should I use Content Manager?
Content Manager supports more efficient business and compliance with recordkeeping obligations. CM is designed to be secure and simple to use. You can gain many benefits from using Content Manager:
- Spend less time locating and retrieving information from multiple sources such as shared drive folders
- Rely on a single authoritative source for university records
- Share information easily with colleagues where appropriate
- Reduce duplication and save storage space in the office or on your systems
- Save paper and printing costs by managing documents in digital form
- Have a safe and secure environment for records - Content Manager has audit trails, is backed up and has disaster recovery plans
- Easily find previous revisions of documents
- Save Outlook emails and MS Office documents directly into Content Manager through in built integration
- Manage many file types in the one place, e.g. html files, xml files, jpg, gif, tif, pdf, mpg, mp3.
Is there Content Manager training available?
Yes, for more information see here
Staff are granted access to the system at the time of request, but will have access revoked if Content Manager Training is not completed. Records & Information can conduct specialised forms of Content Manager training depending on clients' requirements.
Where do I request access to Content Manager?
In order to gain access to Content Manager, all clients must first complete and submit the online access form via SeviceNow https://unimelb.service-now.com/legal
Where can I get more information about Content Manager?
If you would like more information about using Content Manager or assistance with records and/or recordkeeping needs please contact Records & Information at email@example.com or have a browse through the Content Manager Knowledge Base Library.
How do I Install Content Manager Software?
Follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base Article.