What is Content Manager?
Content Manager is the University's official recordkeeping system for managing documents and records regardless of format. Content Manager (TRIM) was first introduced at the University of Melbourne in 1994 and is supported as an enterprise application. With the introduction of the Records Online Project (ROP) in 2017 Content Manager is now being used mainly as a backend repository due to the integration with Records Managed SharePoint (front end).
Who can use Content Manager?
In 2015 the Records Online project (formally Improved Recordkeeping project) was established with the aim to increase records management compliance across the University. Part of the technological solution was to increase the deployment of Content Manager. In 2017 a change of direction was initiated. It was recognized that Records Managed SharePoint would provide a good user experience and meets records compliance obligations once integrated with Content Manager. Records Managed SharePoint then became the front end with Content Manager as the backend.
Content Manager is still available to all University departments as a front end application who want to manage their records, regardless of format (paper, electronic or both), in an electronic system. Content Manager can be integrated with business applications to facilitate automated processes such as the Themis HR to Content Manager integration.
A list of business units that currently use Content Manager is available here
More information on Records Managed SharePoint (RMSP) can be found here
Content Manager supports more efficient business and compliance with recordkeeping obligations. CM is designed to be secure and simple to use. You can gain many benefits from using Content Manager:
- Spend less time locating and retrieving information from multiple sources such as shared drive folders
- Rely on a single authoritative source for university records
- Share information easily with colleagues where appropriate
- Reduce duplication and save storage space in the office or on your systems
- Save paper and printing costs by managing documents in digital form
- Have a safe and secure environment for records - Content Manager has audit trails, is backed up and has disaster recovery plans
- Easily find previous revisions of documents
- Save Outlook emails and MS Office documents directly into Content Manager through in built integration
- Manage many file types in the one place, e.g. html files, xml files, jpg, gif, tif, pdf, mpg, mp3.
Is there Content Manager training available?
Yes, for more information see here
Staff are granted access to the system at the time of request, but will have access revoked if Content Manager Training is not completed. Records & Information can conduct specialised forms of Content Manager training depending on clients' requirements.
Where do I request access to Content Manager?
In order to gain access to Content Manager, all clients must first complete and submit the online access form via SeviceNow https://unimelb.service-now.com/legal
Where can I get more information about Content Manager?
If you would like more information about using Content Manager or assistance with records and/or recordkeeping needs please contact Records & Information at firstname.lastname@example.org or have a browse through the Content Manager Knowledge Base Library.
How do I Install Content Manager Software?
Follow the instructions in this Knowledge Base Article.