We provide records management expertise and advice to support effective and compliant management of university records to enable research, learning and teaching, engagement and administration. Use this website to find information about good practice in records management.
All University staff have responsibilities to make and manage records.
Good recordkeeping is important to support the University:
- Undertake all its activities in the most efficient and effective way
- Comply with external legal requirements about retaining records
- Reduce risks caused by poor recordkeeping
To support recordkeeping Records Services provides:
- Policies, standards and processes
- Advice and consultancy
- Records management services
- Training and learning networks
- Records management system implementation support
- Quality assurance and compliance programs
These assist Heads of Divisions and all staff to:
- Understand their responsibilities
- Become familiar with procedures and systems for managing records
- Learn how to create, manage, access, store and dispose of records
Welcome to the Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives Group
This Group has been formed to develop a network to share information and experiences, discuss initiatives and identify collaborative opportunities between Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives programmes.
For all information enquiries and record requests:
- 8344 3534
- Level 4, 161 Barry St, Parkville Vic 3010
Records Services does not handle Academic Transcript enquiries.
For verification of qualifications please visit https://sis.unimelb.edu.au/cgi-bin/awards.pl for the free online service. For further information, or to order an Academic Transcript, please go to: http://ecommerce.studentadmin.unimelb.edu.au/.