Records Services delivers online and regularly schedules lab-based training programs.
Training for all staff is an important part of the University's records management program. Training programs facilitate awareness of recordkeeping responsibilities and good practice and equip staff to manage records in their business unit effectively and efficiently.
Records Services delivers online and regularly schedules lab-based training programs. Information sessions are provided on request and can be customised to suit a business unit's needs.
Training sessions are available throughout the year to all University employees.
Online and lab-based training
- Recommended introduction to recordkeeping concepts and obligations for all staff
- Mandatory core compliance training
- Online via TrainMe
- Lab-based (online version under development)
- Mandatory for all HPE Content Manager (TRIM) users
- Modules focus on different aspects of the system
- Mandatory for HR staff prior to using HPE Content Manager (TRIM)
- Available as refresher training for all HR staff
Records Management Topics
- Available on request for small or large groups
- Topics cover the lifecycle of managing records and sessions can be tailored to suit specific business unit or Faculty needs
- Records management fundamentals - what is a record? how must records be managed?
- Records management policy and procedure overview
- Organising records: understanding and using the Enterprise Classification Scheme
- Disposing of records: find out how long records must legally be kept using the University's Records Retention and Disposal Authority
- Moving? How to manage disposal and storage of records when relocating
- Digitisation planning
- Web Archiving
If you would like some advice or training with recordkeeping in your area, please contact Record Services email@example.com.