Enterprise Classification Scheme for shared directories
To unzip, extract and install the ECS folders for the shared directory:
- Download the ECS folders for shared directories here.
- Save the ECS.zip file somewhere – i.e. to your desktop or on the shared drive.
- Right click on the file and select Extract All. The Extraction Wizard will open. Click Next to pass through the Welcome screen.
- Browse to the directory where you want the folders to be extracted to – this will be the uppermost level of your shared directory – and click Next.
- When the extraction is complete, click Finish to exit the Extraction Wizard.
Enterprise Classification Scheme for Outlook inbox
To install the ECS folders in Outlook:
- Download the ECS folders for Outlook here.
- Save the ECS.pst file somewhere – i.e. to your desktop or on the shared drive.
- Open Outlook (if it isn't open already).
- From the File Menu choose Open then Outlook Data File (i.e. File > Open > Outlook Data File).
- Navigate to the location that you saved the ECS.pst file to, select the file and click OK.
- In Outlook, you will now find the ECS folders at the bottom of the list of folders in Outlook. Click on the plus sign to expand the folders.
- The top level Function folders (containing the second level Activity folders) can now be dragged and dropped into your Inbox.