We provide records management expertise and advice to support effective and compliant management of university records to enable research, learning and teaching, engagement and administration. Use this website to find information about good practice in records management.
All University staff have responsibilities to make and manage records.
Good recordkeeping is important to support the University:
- Undertake all its activities in the most efficient and effective way
- Comply with external legal requirements about retaining records
- Reduce risks caused by poor recordkeeping
To support recordkeeping Records Services provides:
- Policies, standards and processes
- Advice and consultancy
- Records management services
- Training and learning networks
- Records management system implementation support
- Quality assurance and compliance programs
These assist Heads of Divisions and all staff to:
- Understand their responsibilities
- Become familiar with procedures and systems for managing records
- Learn how to create, manage, access, store and dispose of records
Use this website to find information about records management. If you have any questions please contact us.
If you have a role or interest in records management at the University, or want to know what services are available to help make your job easier, consider joining the email list for our bi-monthly updates.
Friday 10am - 11:30amRecords Management Network - August 2019Event
Wednesday 3pm - 4pmHow to create research impact with data visualisation and infographicsEvent
Thursday 3pm - 4pmDimensions for researchers HASSResearcher@Library
Thursday 2pm - 3pmDemonstrating the impact and engagement of your research in LawResearcher@Library
Wednesday 12:30pm - 1:30pmMobilising knowledge for policy and practiceResearcher@Library
Welcome to the Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives Group
This Group has been formed to develop a network to share information and experiences, discuss initiatives and identify collaborative opportunities between Victorian Higher Education Records Management and Archives programmes.
For all information enquiries and record requests:
- 8344 3534
- Level 4, 161 Barry St, Parkville Vic 3010
Academic Transcript Requests. Records Services does not handle Academic Transcript enquiries. For verification of qualifications please visit University Verification of Qualification. To order an Academic Transcript or for further information please visit the Student Information Directory.
Privacy. Records Services uses the ServiceNow platform to manage enquiries and requests. Please note that your information will be retained for a period of seven years after the enquiry has been closed. Information is stored on ServiceNow data centres located in Australia. For further information or questions, please contact Privacy the the University of Melbourne.