Records Management Policy
The University of Melbourne's Records Management Policy is published in the Melbourne Policy Library.
Records Management Processes
University Records provides a number of guidelines providing guidance and advice on records management.
Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) Standards Framework
The University, as a public office, is also subject to the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic) and must comply with standards and policy issued by the Public Records Office Victoria (PROV).
- Strategic Management Standard (PROS 10/10)
- Operations Management Standard (PROS 10/17)
- Capture Standard (PROS 11/07)
- Control Standard (PROS 11/09)
- Storage Standard (PROS 11/01)
- Access Standard (PROS 11/10)
- Disposal Standard (PROS 10/13)
For information on how to implement these standards, please refer to the University of Melbourne Continuous Improvement Program.
PROV Recordkeeping Policies
The Recordkeeping policies provide direction on best practice records management upon new technologies, emergent issues or legislation.