The Melbourne Policy Library
The University of Melbourne's records management policies and procedures are in the Melbourne Policy Library
In accordance with the Melbourne Policy Framework, Records Services publishes a number of guidelines providing guidance and advice on the records management policy and procedures.
Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) Requirements
The University, as a public office, is also subject to the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic) and must comply with standards and policy issued by the Public Records Office Victoria (PROV).
- Strategic Management Standard (PROS 10/10)
- Operations Management Standard (PROS 10/17)
- Capture Standard (PROS 11/07)
- Control Standard (PROS 11/09)
- Storage Standard (PROS 11/01)
- Access Standard (PROS 11/10)
- Disposal Standard (PROS 10/13)
For information on how to implement these standards at the University, please refer to the Continuous Improvement Program.